Soft and Chewy Christmas Flapjack Recipe
Quick and easy to make Flapjack recipe, all in one large pan. Made extra tasty and Christmasy with the addition of spicy mincemeat.
- Large saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Rectangular tin, 26 x 17 x 3cm
- 425 g porridge oats
- 225 g mincemeat I use a jar of good quality shop bought sweet mincemeat.
- 175 g butter
- 300 g golden syrup Honey is a good alternative.
- Pre-heat the oven, gas mark 4/180° Celsius.
- Melt the butter, mincemeat and syrup together in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and add the oats, stirring well to combine.
- Pour into the lightly greased tin and press down evenly with the back of a tablespoon.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut into 12 rectangles (or squares for smaller portions) while warm and leave in the tin to cool completely.
This Soft and Chewy Christmas Flapjack Recipe is a super quick and easy festive treat to make. Bake a batch before the festive madness begins, and it’ll stay moist and chewy right through the holidays if you keep it in a good tin. Or at least it will if it doesn’t get gobbled up first… They’re also a fantastic energy snack to take on those winter walks!